- Market hours are from 9 am to 12:30 pm.
- No sales before our 9:00 opening.
- Payments for Market expenses (town licenses, domain name, plus any unanticipated costs) are due the first Saturday of the season.
- Individual vendors are responsible for keeping their spaces swept clean of debris.
- All vendors must carryout recyclable cardboard and not leave it in the trash cans. There is a dumpster reserved for cardboard at the end of the building by the road.
- Vendors are to notify the Market Manager of any absences, giving as much advance notice as possible. If an absent vendor’s booth is occupied by a guest vendor the booth owner will be compensated by the guest vendor.
- No open flames or cooking of food permitted per building management.
- At the end of the Market day have your product ready to load on the loading dock prior to bringing up your vehicle. Do not position your vehicle and then bring your product to the loading dock.
- It is required vendors remain at Market as long as they have product to sell. Those vendors selling out before the end of Market may carry out but may not use the provided carts before the 12:30 closing time.
- Products produced on the farm or by the business of the vendor will not need approval, even as new products are added by the vendor. To add buy-ins, approval of the membership will be needed, and this will be decided by an email vote of the entire membership.
BUILDING MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Booth rental payments are due on opening day. Payments can be made in full or in two installments.
- Any vendor using electricity will be charged an additional $1 per week, which will be added to their monthly booth fee. This does not include charging phones/tablets.
- All state-required paperwork and proof of insurance must be submitted to WaterfrontMaine prior to the start of the market season. Proof of insurance must be sent directly from the insurance company.
- Usage of carts:
- No carts are to be in the aisles after 9 or before 12:30.
- Carts must be returned to the designated area after use.
- Entry doors must not be propped open when entering or exiting the building.
- All vendors and employees must park at the back of the building on the river side where all spaces are available for our use.
Created 0/19/2018 Updated 09/19/2018 Updated: 04/28/2022
- Until otherwise notified, all vendors and visitors must be masked when in the market space.
- Sampling of vendor's products will be allowed following the State of Maine's safety requirements. Vendors must keep the samples under cover and pass the sample directly to the customer with no customer self-help. The customer must consume the sample in front of the vendor and replace their mask before leaving the booth.